Things to do around Salida & Buena Vista
- Fly high at an aerial adventure park or zip line tour.
- Ride the Monarch scenic tram.
- Fish the Arkansas River.
- Raft or kayak through Browns Canyon National Monument.
- Soak in one of our natural and odorless hot springs.
- Ski or snowboard at Monarch Mountain.
- Hike a 14er – with 12 to choose from.
- Explore the backcountry by dogsled, horseback or llama.
- Hike or mountain bike along the classic Monarch Crest Trail – or choose from dozens of other routes.
Enjoy float trips, kayaking, whitewater parks for kayakers, river surfers and SUPs, or convenient fishing access points and high alpine lakes.
Experience an adrenaline-filled activity at a zipline or adventure parks, or spend a day relaxing day with a round of golf or soaking in a natural hot springs.
Explore the history of the area, visit historic townsites, on interpretive mining history trails, or visit a dinosaur museum.
Go skiing or snowboarding at Monarch Mountain or Ski Cooper, find miles of groomed trails for snowmobiling, XC skis, snowshoes or fat bike.
The Central Mountains have the highest concentration of 14ers in Colorado, old mining roads and hundreds of miles of trails.