Things to do around Leadville & Twin Lakes
- Paddle, boat, camp or fish at Twin Lakes and Turquoise Lake.
- Take a self-guided historic mine tour by bike or foot along Leadville’s Mineral Belt Trail.
- Catch a trout in the Gold Metal waters of the Arkansas River.
- Climb Colorado’s highest 14ers, Mt. Elbert and Mt. Massive.
- Carve turns at family-friendly Ski Cooper or take a snowcat to the high slopes of Chicago Ridge.
- Tee up at Mt. Massive Golf Course – the nation’s highest!
- Take in the view from a different perspective with a scenic train ride or zip line tour.
- Roll through the Huck Finn Skate Park or miles of single track at Timberline Trails.
- Explore history at one of eight museums and relive the old days at the Tabor Opera House.
Enjoy float trips, kayaking, whitewater parks for kayakers, river surfers and SUPs, or convenient fishing access points and high alpine lakes.
Go skiing or snowboarding at Monarch Mountain or Ski Cooper, find miles of groomed trails for snowmobiling, XC skis, snowshoes or fat bike.
The Central Mountains have the highest concentration of 14ers in Colorado, old mining roads and hundreds of miles of trails.
Explore the history of the area, visit historic townsites, on interpretive mining history trails, or visit a dinosaur museum.
Experience an adrenaline-filled activity at a zipline or adventure parks, or spend a day relaxing day with a round of golf or soaking in a natural hot springs.