Cañon City & Florence
The Royal Gorge Region in Fremont County
- Raft, kayak or fish the Arkansas River through Royal Gorge.
- Marvel at the Royal Gorge Bridge & Park – including America’s highest suspension bridge.
- Ride the Royal Gorge Route Railroad for a journey through the 10-mile canyon.
- Fly high on one of the zip line parks.
- Bike, hike or off-road at Oil Well Flats, Temple Canyon, Red Canyon, Fremont Peak or one of the other scenic trails.
- Discover fossils and dinosaurs at the Royal Gorge Dinosaur Experience, Garden Park Fossil Area and Indian Springs Trace Fossil Site.
Royal Gorge Region Itinerary
Not sure what to do? Check out our Royal Gorge Region itinerary. You’ll find unique experiences from Texas Creek to Cañon City, including a long list of activities at Royal Gorge.
Go skiing or snowboarding at Monarch Mountain or Ski Cooper, find miles of groomed trails for snowmobiling, XC skis, snowshoes or fat bike.
Enjoy float trips, kayaking, whitewater parks for kayakers, river surfers and SUPs, or convenient fishing access points and high alpine lakes.
Explore the history of the area, visit historic townsites, on interpretive mining history trails, or visit a dinosaur museum.
Experience an adrenaline-filled activity at a zipline or adventure parks, or spend a day relaxing day with a round of golf or soaking in a natural hot springs.
The Central Mountains have the highest concentration of 14ers in Colorado, old mining roads and hundreds of miles of trails.